Data Theft is the theft of software through the illegal copying and selling of copyrighted data or
software codes in open market without permission of the owner's company
Some examples of Data theft:
1. When you use a single user license for multiple user.
2. When you make duplicate CD or DVD of your software CD and sell it.
3. If any employee carries a software code made by his company and reproduces it with different name and sells it in market.
1. Copyright your program code/software/data.
2. Create a license agreement with your customers/users.
3. Obfuscate your code.
4. Provide a trial version of your code.
5. Never share complete code/data required to run the software with a single person in your company.
6. Never allow your employees to copy/share the data/software on their personnel gadgets/emails/external drives and along with that make company devices secured to prevent data theft from the devices.
7. Always assign specific duties to each employees.
8. Always make non-disclosure agreement with the employees.
9. Always make inventory of the hardware/software issued to employees.
10. Train your employees and prepare them for phishing attempts and privacy breaches.
11. Create user accounts for each employee to prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to your business computers.
Laptops can be stolen easily; make sure they’re locked when unattended.
12. To prevent outsiders from gaining access to private information on your network, enable your operating system’s firewall or purchase reputable firewall software.